10.01.2013

Updating Your Beauty Bag: Autumn Edition

New palettes, deep lip colors and moisturizers galore! 

With the changing of the seasons always comes a major push from beauty companies as they pump out all kinds of new products for you to add to your collection. I am quite the collector of fall shadow palettes. I always find they have the best assortment of shades for me. While I make a few big fall purchases, it's never necessary to completely revamp your beauty bag. Adding and swapping out a few products can keep you fresh for the season!

My favorite change-up for fall is the dark lip. I'm sure you haven't seen this one before... I'm so original, I know. I really do like  to exchange the bright, punchy lips for deeper, vampy shades. I recently purchased Maybelline's Color Sensational Lip Gloss in Raspberry Ablaze from their fall 2013 collection and have been pleasantly surprised by it. It's a great pinky plum color that has great pigmentation and is semi-opaque. It's not too sticky or too slick and has great lasting power for a drugstore product. I'm also a big fan of Revlon's Super Lustruous Lipstick in Raspberry Bite. The formula is very creamy and the color is seasonally appropriate without being shockingly dark. If you're really looking to turn up the vamp meter by about 50 notches, which I love, I have to suggest MAC Dark Side. It's a deep burgundy in their amplified creme formula, and I just can't get enough of it. 

My makeup routine in the summer usually has a lot to do with bronzer. While I still like a dramatic contour in cooler weather, I like to put less focus on all-over bronzing and more on the cheeks. MAC Gingerly blush is a staple in my collection, but it sees the most use during fall. It's a peachy-brown, almost terracotta shade that really adds warmth to the face. Berry shades aren't just for the lips, either! MAC Breath of Plum is a favorite for a little bit of a berry flush on the apples of my cheeks. It still leans very pink so it doesn't give off the grey cast that some deeper blushes do. 

Brows! Defined brows are always in if you ask me, but there's something about fall that screams a big, dramatic brow. I will admit that currently my brows are the bane of my existence. I naturally have quite the rainbow shaped brow, but in no way are they even. I've been trying a lot of products to help achieve my perfect brow, and I can't say enough good things about the Anastasia Brow Wiz. Ash Blonde is the perfect shade for me and it creates the sharpest lines ever. The small tip makes creating hair-like strokes so simple, and the spooly on the other end is a necessity.

Last but not least comes eye shadow. This season opens all kinds of doors for eye combinations. Oranges and golds, navy blue, deep greens, warm browns. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Lavish Set is an amazing palette. If you're looking for a one-stop-shop on fall eye makeup, look no further. You'll find both mattes and shimmers, taupe, reddish brown, green, burgundy and an orange-tan shade perfect for the crease. You can't go wrong. I also have a few MAC staples in my fall lineup. MAC Pigment in Emerald Green makes one gorgeous green smokey eye for some added drama on a night out. MAC Eye Shadow in Contrast is hands down my favorite navy blue of all-time. 

I hope this gives you some ideas of products you can add to spice up your look for fall, and if you have any favorites for the season, let me know so I can try them out!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment