9.03.2013

Wet n Wild Pop Art Craze Eyeshadow Trios

I think we all know by now that I can't resist a Wet n Wild limited edition collection. New color combos and typically great quality for a steal of a price. You can't go wrong with that. As soon as I heard there was a new collection of bright eyeshadow trios coming out, I stalked drugstores for roughly a month. After checking the interactive map over on Nouveau Cheap, I headed to Kentucky to a Walgreens where there was a sighting. Kentucky. I kid you not. (I make that sound farther than it is. It was only a 20 minute drive.)
Limited edition collections either pop up late or not at all in Cincinnati and I can't tell you why. I was only able to find four of the six on my Kentucky adventure, but about a month later I found a full display at the Walgreens a few blocks from my house. Imagine that!
Now that we have story time out of the way, let's get to the swatches!


Your 15 Minutes Aren't Up - One of the more pigmented trios of the collection. I love this shade of pink and it is quite pigmented, but all three of these are very chalky. (A commonality you will see throughout this post.)


Hard Being the It Girl - This was probably the least pigmented trio of the bunch. I love the blue and the creamy yellow could make a great neutral, but the formula is just not there. Also, can I point out how strange it is that they label the pink as a browbone color? I'm not sure anyone follows the guide printed into the shadows, but they're always way off.



Three's A Party - I was particularly excited about this trio. It's the colors of my alma mater (Go Bearcats!) and I had all kinds of looks in my head that could be created with this trio. The pigmentation is fairly good, but the chalkiness takes over. I used it this past Saturday and while it was difficult to blend, it did last through 92 degree heat and a nap.
 


To Muse and Carouse - As expected, this is my favorite trio. It's also the most wearable and pigmented overall. Love all of the colors together as well. I'm thinking a peachy lid with an accentuated crease and a bright pop of blue on the lower lash line. 



I'm Seeing Triples! - Sigh. Once again I'm disappointed in the pigmentation and consistency. However, if you're looking for a budget-friendly lime green, I think you've hit the jackpot. The green here is incredibly bright and it's well worth purchasing the trio if you're willing to work with it.




A Regular at the Factory - This is also one of my favorites from the collection. I've been loving orange and yellow shadows lately, and blue is always a good go-to color when you want something bright, but still wearable. The pigmentation is fairly good in this trio.

Overall, the collection was a downer for me. I was looking forward to it for quite a while and spent a lot of time tracking it down. The trios just lacked the quality that we've seen from Wet n Wild in the past, but an occasional flop is allowed, right? All of these colors needed a few swipes when swatching to get the true color to come across, so I would suggest a great primer with all of these. If you really want these colors to pop, a colored base (paint pot, eyeliner, etc.) would be even better. 

I have seen a few of these trios left in stores while they have sold out in many places by now. Some states are still just getting them in! Let me know your thoughts if you picked up any of these trios, and happy hunting!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment