2.12.2013

January Favorites!





Welcome to my very first favorites post! I've contemplated doing these for a long time, but when better than the start of a new year? I'm looking forward to keeping up with these throughout the year, and, without further ado, let's jump in!

First is quite possibly my #1 favorite of the month, Maybelline's Color Whispers. These take lip butters to the next level. I was a huge fan of the Revlon Lip Butters when they first came out, but I must admit these take the cake. The packaging is small and cute and the color range is fantastic. They're moisturizing, pigmented, and perfect for every-day use. I'll have a full review on these and my color choices in a post soon. :)

Sally Hansen's Cuticle Remover is a godsend. One of the best parts of a manicure or pedicure, to me, is their ability to soften and remove your cuticles cleanly. The scraping/removing tools from the drugstore terrify me, and now I don't have to worry about using them! In just a few minutes this gel softens the cuticles, and I can remove them cleanly and painlessly. It even helps with nails and skin dye from previous polish!

EOS lip balm. I don't really know what I can say other than these are amazing. I've tried almost every one and this past month I've been loving summer fruit.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface has been my go-to blush this month. I think it can be used for nearly any look. It's a great light pink that gives your cheeks a great flush and it's not too blue-based.

I haven't been wearing a lot of eye shadow this past month, but when I have, the UD Naked Basics palette has been my choice. I can create so many different looks from something that's barely there to something defined and dramatic.

The LUSH Bubblegum lip scrub kinda goes hand-in-hand with the EOS lip balm. My lips are always a permanent state of dry. This scrub really does the trick as far as exfoliation is concerned, and it tastes and smells amazing.

Sigma's F80 flat top kabuki is the best foundation brush I have used to-date. It's extremely dense and buffs in the product to a great finish. I may never use another tool to apply foundation again!

I've been a long-time fan of CoverGirl's LashBlast mascara, and when I found the new Clump Crusher mascara back in December, I knew I had to have it. The brush has the same familiar bristles as the rest of the line, but it is curved. It does a fantastic job of separating and lengthening my lashes.

Last but not least, is China Glaze's Fast Forward top coat. This had apparently been in my collection for some time but I just discovered it a few months ago. Of all the top coats I've used, nothing smells as good as this does. Before you say to yourself, "this chick's losing it..." hear me out. Almost every top coat has a seriously chemical smell, and this completely lacks that. It dries quickly and it makes my nails look incredibly glossy.

That will do it for my very first favorites post! I hope you enjoyed it and I'd love to hear what you were loving in January!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love the Maybelline Color Whispers, especially in the color "Plum Prospect"! Great post..

    My online beauty store: http://beautybymissash.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete