2.26.2013

Sweet Treats for Your Face: Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons Kit

Sweet, sweet holidays. 

Too Faced took that statement to another level this past holiday season with their quite sugary themed line. I previously reviewed the Glamour To Go Sugar Spun Edition Kit, which you can read *here*, and now I have for you the full-sized palette with extra goodies to boot!

One of the first kits that caught my eye this past season was the Too Faced Shadow Bon Bons Palette. The name of the palette and all the shadows are enough to satisfy your sweet tooth; they're so cute! 

The palette itself is very thin and thankfully lacks the clunk you seem to find with boxed kits from other beauty companies. The outer shell is a velvety texture, much like that of the original Naked Palette. In the kit there are 12 eye shadow pans, a sample-sized Shadow Insurance in Candlelight and a Lashgasm Mascara. The beauty lies in the variations in color. You can stay sweet and neutral, or go rich and dark; it's all up to you. 

Pigmentation on these shadows is fantastic. The shadows containing glitter leave a tiny bit of fallout, but that's nothing we can't handle, right ladies?  




The first row of shadows two neutrals and two purple-y greys. At first glance, I thought these were nothing more than greys, but they're very pretty and much more complex. You can barely see the vanilla swatch on my arm. It blends in with my skin tone, but would be very pretty on those of you that aren't as ghastly as me! If I were to use Framboise and Coffee Bean for a dramatic look, I think Vanilla would make a great subtle highlight.  Just a touch of color for a dramatic eye.

The second row leans and bit more pink and bronze-y. I am not typically a pink eye shadow kind of gal, but I am just drawn to Candy Rose. This row of colors look perfect for summer to me. The bronze smoky eye combinations are endless...


The third and last row will probably be my favorite and most frequently used - the neutrals. As a person always looking for that perfect crease color, Marzipan is a definite winner in my book. It's one of only two semi-matte shades in the entire palette. This whole row of shadows is just gorgeous - and Licorice Latte. Obsessed. That is one of the richest browns I own without a doubt.


If the cute factor with sickeningly sweet names wasn't enough to catch your eye, I hope these swatches were! This is a palette definitely worth picking up. It contains a variety of colors without including electric greens and blues that you know you'll never use, not mention the full-sized mascara and the mini primer. Although this was a holiday palette, I have still seen it lingering at some Ultas and Sephoras. Maybe I'll even get some tutorials with this up in the near future. Let me know what you'd like to see! 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh I have not seen this palette yet! What lovely colors! And I love the different shades, you can do so many things.

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete