1.22.2013

Too Faced Glamour To Go Sugar Spun Edition


The holiday season has come and gone, and boy, were there a lot of gorgeous holiday collections! I'm usually a sucker for all of these products whether they're polishes, eye shadows or candles! 




I also own the original Too Faced Glamour To Go palette, and when I saw there was a special edition out for the holidays, I knew I'd love it just as much, if not more. The size of the palette first appealed to me as it fits perfectly in my hand and even better in a bag. I've never been one to carry around a makeup bag in my purse... ever. When I find a palette that hardly takes up any space in my handbag, I think I can change my ways. A brush or two, Glamour To Go, and I'm all set. The gold casing is quite cute as well and there is a mirror the size of the lid inside. The palette is a double-decker, with eight shadows on top and a pull-out with a blush, bronzer, and lip gloss on the bottom. 








The formula on each of these shadows is not exactly the same. Some were very buttery and pigmented, others were not. 


I would say the lighter shimmers tended to be a bit chalky and less pigmented than the darker shades. The exception to this is the gold, second on the top row. That baby was buttery and beautiful. The last three colors I swatched are by far my favorite in the entire kit. The shadows are also quite a decent size for being a miniature kit. 




On the bottom are the highlighter, gloss, and bronzer. The highlighter is very light and shimmery with gold flecks in it. It definitely has a stronger sparkle than just a sheen. The consistency is a bit strange; while it's not extremely pigmented, if you have a heavy hand, you may look like a glittery disco ball. The gloss is clear but has a rainbow shimmer to it in the pan. Sadly, it almost disappears once you put it on your lips and it is quite sticky. I use this most for a glossy coat over something with color, or even just a nude lipstick. Of the three, I like the bronzer the most. It isn't packed with shimmer and it's not orange on my skin. It is a bit dark for my pale winter complexion, but I can see myself reaching for this quite a bit in the summer. 

The Too Faced Glamour To Go Sugar Spun Kit is available at Sephora, Ulta, and wherever Too Faced products are sold. (Yes, they are still in stores!)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment