1.07.2013

Holiday Nails Part III: Red and Gold Half Moon Manicure

Forgive me, for I have neglected this blog all throughout the holidays! I hope everyone had a fabulous time with family and friends. The season came and went far too fast this year! Although it is now January and 2013 (crazy!) I am still sharing my holiday nails with you! It also helps me cling to the most wonderful time of the year a teeny bit longer! :) 


This manicure was my Christmas Eve/Christmas Day design. I knew I wanted to go with red in some capacity but I felt like it needed to be jazzed up a bit. Something more than just a sparkle top coat. I love red and gold together and I knew of the *perfect* golds to make a great Christmas look. 


I decided to go with half moons. If they look a bit uneven that's because I painted them with the brush from the bottle with no small tools or stencils. If I was planning on being extremely precise with the design, or if you would like to be, I highly recommend using the strips made for French manicures. Just make sure that there are no gaps at the edges by your cuticles or the paint will spread.

I created the half moons first with Looks Like Rain, Deer by Sephora by OPI and once that was dry, I painted around the gold with China Glaze Poinsettia. I found this to be the perfect shade of bright, candy apply red. Very Santa's sleigh, no? I used two coats of Poinsettia as the first wasn't enough to get completely opaque coverage. 

Overall, I liked the look. I felt very festive and holiday appropriate. Did you try any holiday-themed nails this season?

Photobucket




No comments:

Post a Comment