12.14.2012

Holiday Nails Pt. 1: China Glaze Midnight Kiss

Let me get straight to the point - holiday nail collections are the best. You may say, "Isn't it the same reds, golds, blues, and greens as every year?" To that I say sometimes, but I never get tired of them. The holidays are my favorite time of the year and I boast my Christmas-y nail colors all month long. 
Right now I'm wearing China Glaze's Midnight Kiss from their 2010 holiday collection "'Tis The Season To Be Naughty and Nice." Although the polish came out two years ago, I recently purchased it from ebay - where I can say I purchase a large portion of my polishes. Seriously, it's quick, it's easy, it's cheap, and they have all kinds of colors and brands you won't find in stores.
Midnight Kiss is a chrome-y gold foil polish. It's a much more champagne and blonde shade of gold than a true yellow gold and I really like that about it. Some bright golds are just unflattering. What's so different about this than a regular foil or chrome is that it looks as though it has texture, and you'll even find a few pieces of gold glitter in it here and there. It's highly reflective and very shimmery. 
I used base coat, one layer of polish, and top coat. That's it. It was completely opaque after one coat, although I'm sure two would look great. The formula is a bit runny and has a tendency to pool at the cuticle if you aren't careful. I didn't notice any streaking which is different than most foil or chrome polishes.
If you have ridges in your nails, I would suggest using a ridge filler before application. Any polishes of the foil variety are highly likely to show shadows and creases anywhere on the nail and Midnight Kiss is no exception. 
I love the way the color looks all over the nail but I think it would be really fun to use for holiday designs. We'll see what I can come up with the rest of the month; we may see Midnight Kiss again!
Are there any particular colors you absolutely must wear for the holiday season? 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I've been on the lookout for a gold polish this season. Super cute! :)

    Lynette @ lynette marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely climbing the list of my favorites!

      Delete