9.11.2012

Bless you, Bauble Bar

Recently, through the YouTube beauty community and the blogosphere, I was turned on to baublebar.com and I promise you, I am never turning back. I have never been much of a jewelry collector myself. I have a few extremely nice pieces that rarely get any use, a little drawer in my jewelry box dedicated to stud earrings and such, and maybe a few on-trend pieces here and there. I've been drawn in by the statement necklace trend in the last few months, yet I never seem to be able to find pieces I like at affordable prices. The pieces I have found I generally pass on because, let's be real, no piece of costume jewelry is worth $50+ when it will most likely be out of style in a matter of time.

Places like Forever 21 and H&M are all about the trends, but I rarely find their pieces to appear to be great quality let alone actually be great quality. Something breaks, color rubs off, etc. This is why Bauble Bar might be my favorite thing I've found in recent months, maybe even in the last year.

They have a phenomenal range of jewelry. Necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings in so many different styles and colors. Between the statement pieces and delicate, dainty ones for stacking and layering, there's something for everyone.

They're affordable. I can snag a new necklace or pair of earrings for about $25 if I want, and some of their more elaborate or customized pieces can be found for $100+. It's nice that they offer a variety of prices. Everything isn't super cheap, nor is it all out of an affordable price range. What's another huge factor for me when it comes to shopping online? Shipping - and theirs is free on orders and returns!

The next two categories could be part of the affordability factor, but they're so great they deserved their own section.

They have an awesome rewards system. I will first say that I am a huge sucker for any store that offers a fantastic rewards system; more kudos if you don't need a store credit card to get them! At Bauble Bar, they offer something called "Vault Points." For every dollar you spend, you earn a Vault Point. Ten Vault Points are equal to $1 in BB credit for future purchases. If you refer a friend who makes a purchase, you're rewarded with 150 Vault Points. You are awarded 100 points just for signing up to receive their emails!

Their deals are too good to pass up. Should you choose to sign up for their emails, every few days they send out a message for their "Buried Bauble" or "Platinum Buried Bauble." An item on their site is secretly marked down to $10 for the Buried Bauble or $20 for the Platinum, and the email provides a clue as to what the item may be. Once you find it on the site, you can add it to your cart and make your purchase. I will advise doing so quickly, as many of these pieces sell out pretty fast.

They know how to work their brand. If you want to talk about an organization that has their marketing together, this is your site. Aside from email marketing, they have effectively utilized Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and a blog to garner the attention of customers and fashionistas everywhere.

As far as shipping time is concerned, it takes about 10-12 days for an item to get to me. You can have it sent via UPS if you prefer, but I get mine through standard USPS. In the package comes a little card that thanks me for shopping, and the item is in a little black drawstring bag.

I'd say since mid-July, I've ordered about 10 pieces from Bauble Bar, most of those being from the great Buried Bauble deals. There are quite a few pieces I'm lusting after!











Buried Treasure Necklace   














Cable Crystal Strand Necklace










Popeye Sailor Studs












Roseland Disco Wrap

Needless to say, I'm a little obsessed. If you have any Bauble Bar favorites, I'd be happy to hear what you love!

1 comment:

  1. I love this website! You are so right, nothing worse than costume jewelry that falls apart and who wants to pay the price for the real deal? This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete