12.09.2013

November Favorites

My final monthly favorites post of the year! I can't believe it's here already. It's said all the time, but this year really did pass by so quickly. My favorites post next month will cover my favorite products of 2013 as a whole, and without further ado, let's jump in!

1. MAC Paint Pot in Dangerous Cuvee - Ooh this is so plummy and grey and perfect for the season and everything that makes me happy. I feel pretty pathetic for having bought this months ago and am just getting around to using it. It's a stunning mix of eggplant and grey with a gorgeous shimmer. I rarely wear Paint Pots without something over them, but this baby is pretty enough all on its own. 

2. Urban Decay Gunmetal eye shadow - I know I just gushed about how amazing Dangerous Cuvee is on its own, but there were a few times I wanted something deeper and more complex on the eyes. I've been feeling a sort of grey/purple smokey eye lately blown out with warm browns. (Upcoming tutorial?) I love the tone of Gunmetal because it comes off as a true grey with a beautiful shimmer. Pairing Gunmetal with Dangerous Cuvee might be the best idea I've had in a while.

3. MAC Eye Shadow in Soft Brown - Hello, old friend. I've never written anything about a "MAC Starter Kit" but if I did, this would be one of my must-haves. I've been using this for my most dramatic looks as well as the most simplistic. Whether I'm blending out a smokey eye or just looking for a bit of crease definition with a neutral lid, Soft Brown has been the go-to shade.

4. Urban Decay Naked Basics - I've rediscovered the Basics this past month. For the most part, my November makeup has been very fuss-free. My most worn look has involved a few of these shades on the lid, crease and inner corner, finished off with some lengthening mascara and no liner. I'm quite liking au-naturel right now but I have a feeling that will fade quickly. I'm too much of a makeup junkie for that silliness. Also - does anyone else's Naked Basics palette smell funny? I don't normally going around smelling products (yes I do) but when using the mirror and holding the shadows close to my face, they have a scent unlike any other UD products. It's so odd.

5. Benefit They're Real! Mascara - I've been foregoing liner quite often this past month, but to amp up the look without it, I need some killer lashes. (Which I do not naturally possess.) They're Real works some serious magic on my lashes. While it doesn't build much volume at all, it makes my lashes look incredibly long and the ball tip really helps to flare out the edges. I've gone through two samples of these and it looks like it's about time I purchased the full-size tube. 

6. BITE Beauty Retsina Lipstick - Hooray for new lippies! Let's just get to the point though - I'm obsessed. BITE Beauty is going to be toward the top of my list for favorite lip products for a long, long time. I have been using Retsina, a nude beige, for every look lately. It just seems to go with everything and can be considered the "your lips but better" color. It's not so nude that you look sickly and not so dark that your lips look brown. I think this is one of the few nude lipsticks that could work well with a wide variety of skin tones. The pigmentation is outstanding and they wear for quite a long time without need for reapplication. If only every color could appear in my collection at this very moment...

7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Lavish Set - *Gratuitous sigh* I'm in love. I have an in-depth look at this palette coming up soon, so be on the lookout for that! I can't say enough good things about this set - the shadows, the goodies that come with it, everything! When I chose to stray away from my no-makeup makeup look this month, I reached for Lavish. The colors are so on-trend for the season and work well for both day and night. The shadows are so buttery and blend amazingly. If you haven't gotten this yet, or put it on your holiday wishlist, what are you waiting for?!

As I sit here finishing this mid-December, I still can't believe 2013 is almost over and what a great beauty year this has been. Let me know what you're loving lately!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love this round up & the Urban Decay palettes are definitely on my wish list <3

    Sophie xox soinspo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really want to try the NAKED palette. xox

    http://fortheimperfectlyperfect.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete