11.15.2013

October Favorites


In true Elise Goes Glam fashion, I'm putting out my favorites post in the middle of the following month!

Let's get to it...

Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream - I've been on the hunt for a very moisturizing yet affordable night cream for my eyes. Many will not think $18 is affordable, but for the quality and compared to the price of other highly-touted eye creams... that's affordable. The dryness in my under eye area has been unbearable and a few months ago I decided to take my skincare seriously. In the morning, my eye area feels soft and moisturized. Rejuvenated, even. The best part about it is that I don't feel like I'm smearing mayonnaise all over my eyes as I have felt with eye creams before. It is a bit greasy, but not heavy. Remember - heavy consistency doesn't make the moisturizer. It's the ingredients that count!


John Freida Luxurious Volume Hairspray - Disclaimer: This is a sticky hairspray until it dries. Many of you have been conditioned to think that's the most awful thing in the world. It is not. I am in love with this product both for the price and the result I get from using it. I love a great touchable hairspray as much as the next girl, but there are times that you need something strong to get the job done. This is that product. If you spray your medium hold Tresemme on your hair and then tell me your curls fall out in an hour, there could be many reasons why, but first I'll ask what kind of hairspray you're using. This baby holds my hair in place, especially for updos. I can spray it in my hair when I pump up my roots, and it holds. Spraying it where you need it and working it with your fingers is the key to getting stickier hairsprays to work. 


Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Too Cool - I was pretty excited to find a display of these after hunting for a while, as I've used the permanent line of Baby Lips before and been happy. My lips scream for medicated products in the colder months and this seemed like a better alternative to Carmex, my go-to for horrifically chapped lips. If you've never used it, it doesn't smell great. I love the Baby Lips packaging and it keeps my lips feeling moisturized long after using it. I was experiencing the dreaded chap a few weeks ago and this saved my lips in a pinch.


L'Oreal Power Volume Black Smoke Mascara - I've been revisiting an old favorite lately. When I want thick and voluminous lashes in an instant, this is my miracle worker. Super black and really provides a lot of thickness at the base of the lashes - something I don't find in many mascaras.


Tarina Tarantino Pearl Glow Primer - With dry skin, you lose a lot of luminosity. I use this primer all over my face and then pump a little of this in with my foundation and I get a gorgeous, natural glow. This product would be great for those of you with oily skin who are a bit scared of the dewy look due to existing oil. If you use this just as your primer under foundation, you'll get a glow that comes through instead of a wet slick on top of your makeup.


Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde - I'll admit that I've become brow obsessed. I'm not a pro at filling and shaping my brows yet, but this tool sure makes it easy. The fine tip really helps me to get the precise shape I want, and the spooly blends everything out so I don't look like one of those ladies that shaves their eyebrows off and draws them on with a Sharpie every morning. :)

What products have you been loving?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment