10.23.2013

OPI Pink of Hearts for Breast Cancer Awareness 2013


Every October I look forward to the breast cancer awareness polish releases. I love seeing companies take action and put out great products in the process, with proceeds going toward breast cancer research. Plus, you can never have too many pink nail polishes.

OPI's Pink of Hearts set is a huge hit this year. I am in love with this year's glitter polish, More Than A Glimmer, just as I was with last year's. (See my post on it here.)

More Than A Glimmer has multi-colored hex glitters suspended in a milky white/pink sheer base. The description makes it sound as though it's something you've seen before, but it dries matte! One would think that defeats the purpose of glitter, but it still has a sparkling quality about it. The ratio of glitter to base is pretty good. You don't have to worry about glopping on too much polish or having to strategically place the hexes. 


I used Sinful Colors Easy Going as the creme pink. I wanted something very light and nearly white to pair with the glitter.

I do like matte polishes, but I'm a glossy tips girl at heart. I put a coat of Seche Vite on the manicure pictured. 

If you haven't yet picked up this set, or at least the glitter, I have to be an enabler and encourage you to do so. This may be one of my favorite glitters of 2013, and with all the amazing glitter polish releases this year, that's really saying something!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment