4.01.2013

LORAC PRO Palette Swatches and Review


The LORAC PRO Palette is slowly making its way to cult status in the beauty blogging world. I'm not sure it will ever reach the same hype as the Naked series from Urban Decay, but it's getting harder every day to find this palette on the shelves. I usually find most of my information about beauty products online and then I go searching for them, but I stumbled upon this in just the opposite fashion. I noticed it at a JC Penney Sephora back in November and did a couple of swatches - amazing. So buttery that I knew I had to have it. It was so strange that I hadn't heard anything about it yet. 

I went by Ulta to use a massive discount I had to buy it - sold out. Luckily, the Sephora VIB sale was just two weeks later and I snagged this with some of that 20% discount.

The LORAC PRO Palette comes in slim, black packing with a texture very similar to the NARS casing. It's so sleek looking, but of course it picks up every bit of makeup and dust. If you're a neat freak about your makeup like I am, this will drive you nuts, but the product is worth it.


The palette comes with 16 eye shadows; eight matte colors on top, eight shimmery colors on the bottom. I think this quality may have been the first thing that attracted me to the palette. There is never an equal ratio of mattes to shimmers in palettes like these and it makes it difficult to use just one palette for an entire look. It's hard to find a set that has a matte crease color or something to be used as a highlight that isn't super sparkly. I carry more makeup than necessary with me when I travel, but taking something like this would cut down on the amount I pack significantly. 



While I typically adore cute and catchy names for products, I love how simply these colors are named. Short, sweet, and to the point.

All of the matte (with the exception of White - it does have some shimmer) shadows on top have a decent amount of pigmentation and aren't chalky at all. They are the *most* pigmented shadows I've ever used, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I know we've all had that incident where you lightly tap a brush in shadow and the minute you touch it to your eye you have a gigantic splotch of color to blend out. You may need to dip your brush a time or two in the shadow you need depending on the desired look, but they're all very workable.


The shadows on the bottom, however, are incredibly pigmented. They swatched beautifully and are so creamy. The shimmer isn't glitter, and isn't chunky at all. There is very little to no fallout. I don't think I've been this excited about shadows in a palette in quite some time. 


The range of colors in this palette are fantastic. While most are neutrals, the Garnet and Deep Purple really add another element that truly sold me on it. I'm looking forward to creating so many different looks with this. 

You can buy the LORAC PRO Palette at Sephora, Ulta, and wherever LORAC products are sold. It typically retails for $42.00.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty palette! I love Lorac! Cute blog, want to follow each other?

    When you get a chance, come check out my blog, I'm giving away a Naked 2 palette!
    http://vscupcakecouture.blogspot.com/2013/03/giveaway-naked-2-palette.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog! It seems we have much of the same addictions. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm actually saving up Sephora gift cards to have a huge discount on this, hah. $20 in gift cards right now. Waiting for at least $30.

    ReplyDelete