7.21.2013

June Favorites!

Let's try this again.


Hi, my name is Elise, and occasionally I like to blog about pretty things. I would like to blog about them more than occasionally, so let's get this bloggy back on track.


I have tried a ton of new products lately and there are some that I am absolutely loving.


Benefit POREfessional - I can't say enough good things about this primer. I picked up a sample while it was 100 points for Beauty Insiders at Sephora, and it's amazing. I typically apply it to the center of my forehead, my nose, cheeks and chin. It minimizes the appearance of my pores and it helps keep my foundation in place all day. It also helped my foundation go on smoothly as I have very dry skin and it sometimes can look chalky or stick to dry flakes. Before using primers I had expected them to be greasy and oily. When I squeezed a bit out of the tube, that's how it felt between my fingers, but once I put it on my face, it had a near powdery consistency. I was expecting my fingers to look shiny and need to be washed after putting it on, but that wasn't the case at all. I'm highly impressed and I will definitely be repurchasing.


Benefit Hoola Bronzer - Who doesn't want to be a little extra bronze in the summer? I tend to do a bit heavier contouring in the summer and this is always my go-to. It's the perfect shade for me without being too muddy or orange, and it's matte. What more could a girl ask for?


Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows in Barely Branded and Bad To The Bronze - I think I have finally mastered makeup in sweltering heat and humidity. I've learned it's best to not fight the elements if you're going to be outside for extended periods of time. Cream products are the way to go. I've been loving the combination of Barely Branded on my lid and a little Bad To The Bronze on the outer corner for some added definition. Great color payoff and little wear/creasing.


Urban Decay Naked Palette - When I haven't been outside enduring the wrath of summer, the original Naked Palette has been at my fingertips all month. My favorite combination is Sin on the lid, Naked and Buck in the crease, a little Virgin on the inner corners and brow bones for highlight, and Half Baked just under the lower lash line to brighten up my eyes and give a nice pop of gold.


Coppertone Sport SPF 50 Sunscreen - Ah, yes. There is a holy grail sunscreen each time summer rolls around. I made the trip to Bonnaroo this year and knowing I'd be spending four days in the Tennessee summer sun, I had to get some heavy duty protection. The sport formulas really help to prevent sweating off your sunscreen and the high SPF did its job 100%. My skin does not tan very easily, but I do burn. I came home from Bonnaroo with not a single tan line nor one bit of a sunburn. I cannot stress how important it is to protect your skin. Many of you will say you don't like a high SPF because it keeps you from tanning, but seriously. You will thank yourself in the long run for taking care of your skin.


MAC Innocence Beware Lipstick - This is a limited edition product (I know, boo hiss) and is one of my all-time favorites from MAC. I've always preferred their cremesheen finish and this shade of nude is great for day or night. It's not too shockingly nude, and it's not sheer. It's just the perfect wash of light color. I'm disappointed I didn't pick up a back up last time it was available.


Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Anti-Breakage Serum - While standing in line at Ulta, I found a little travel bottle of this in their handy little stands designed to make you spend way more money than you want to. I have used argan oil before and the smell and feel generally turns me off. I love hair products, but some just do not work for me. I have used and liked many Organix products in the past and I thought I'd give it a try. Ah-mazing. I put a little in my palm and run it through my hair before I blow dry, and it leaves my hair super soft and shiny. It smells great and doesn't weigh it down in the least. Once this travel size is gone, I am definitely repurchasing a full bottle. Bonus points? 3.4 fl. oz. is only $7.99!


There we have my June favorites! I'd love to hear what you've been loving!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment