4.16.2013

March Favorites!

This post is so far overdue! Better late than never, right? 

Here's where I would normally say, "OMG March went soooo fast." But I won't, because that's a total lie. I felt like March was here forever. That was the longest month (to me) in quite some time. But as I sit here writing this, it's halfway through April. Now *this* month is flying by. I digress. On to the products!


bareMinerals Well Rested Powder - I am not a morning person. I have never been and I never will be, and I know I'm not alone. Bare Minerals loves us, ladies. They love us so much that they created a powder to give your under eye area the brightest, most wide awake and ready for the day look possible. A little bit goes a long way with this. I dust on a tiny bit over my concealer to set and brighten and poof! You'd never know I rolled out of bed minutes before leaving the house. The packaging is also fantastic. I hate loose powders because they go everywhere when you open and close them, but not this. You can twist a little plastic lid within the container that covers up the holes where the product comes out. Genius!

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer - I am the queen of dry skin. My cells drink up every ounce of lotion I give them and 20 minutes later, they're screaming for more. It never ends. I've been skipping from lotion to lotion for a while and recently during my Clarisonic mishaps, my skin was more dry than ever and I needed a soothing lotion pronto. This has always been my mom's moisturizer, and probably the first I ever used as a kid. It helped soothe my skin so much and I forgot just how lightweight but incredibly moisturizing this can be. It is so, so worth every penny. 

Nivea Lip Butters - I've become quite obsessive about my lip balms over the last year. I will always love my EOS balms, but I was elated to hear the Nivea Lip Butters would finally be making their way to the States. I picked up Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss and it was love. It smells amazing, and the formula is so impressive. It's thick but in a good way; it coats yours lips but it doesn't just sit on them. It soaks in and leaves your lips softer long after it's worn off. The only complaint I have is that it's a pot and dipping my fingers in something multiple times a day isn't exactly ideal.

LORAC PRO Palette - This has been my go-to eye shadow palette for the last month. There is so much versatility and the colors are so pigmented. I've used this recently for a dramatic eye for night, and for just a few swipes of neutral shadow for work. If you missed my rave review of the LORAC PRO Palette, you can find it here

Too Faced Lashgasm - Is it just me or are beauty products becoming more scandalously named every day? Either way, I'm loving this mascara. It came in my Sweet Treats Kit, and I was super excited to try out another mascara with a rubberized wand. This gives me a ton of length and separates awesomely without giving me clumps. I do recommend being careful when you wiggle this at the base of the lashes - the bristles are a little more sharp and rough than other rubber brushes. Ow. 

theBalm Frat Boy Blush - When Hautelook has a flash sale on good cosmetics, I'm a goner. TheBalm appeared on the flash sale site about two months ago and I picked up a few items, this blush being one of them. I'm quite the blush hoarder and this peach immediately caught my eye. I've been using it constantly. It's a great shade of peach with a hint of golden shimmer. Nothing too frosty. It's also a decent sized blush and you don't need a lot of product to get your desired look. This pan will last a long time. I can see this getting a lot of use this summer as well. 

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + - As of now, my absolute favorite foundation ever. EVER. I first saw this when it was highly recommended by the ever-fab Tiffany D, and I had to try it out. I was heading to a wedding in Florida and I wanted to get a good long-lasting foundation. It does the trick, for sure. I don't notice it wearing off during the day, and it applies so smooth. It gives an airbrushed look to the skin without giving off the cakey effect. Because the formula is matte, this would be great for oily skin types. There are 16 different shades to choose from making it easy to match. I'm looking forward to seeing how this foundation holds up in the warmer weather. 

These are all of my March Favorites and before I know it... it'll be time for April! Do you have any new products you've been loving for spring?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment